You are a mother now and forever, congratulations.
In many cultures across the world, giving birth is seen as a rite of passage, a journey from maiden to mother.
It’s common for a mother to have a good rest, take it easy and be looked after for up to forty days after the baby has been born when mum is at home with her new bundle.
This includes lots of healthy and specialised foods, massages, belly binding and generally enjoying time as a new mother and bonding with her newborn. Postnatal doulas offer practical and emotional support to the new mother and her family following the birth of a baby. Their aim is to promote mums speedy recovery by being a caring and encouraging helper to make sure you don’t feel too overwhelmed by life and responsibilities.
Did you know that by having a postnatal doula it can:
- Decrease symptoms of depression
- Improves self esteem
- Help you trust your instincts with regards to parenting
- Support you in newborn nursing
- Guide and support you in routines like sleep patterns, bathing, changing, swaddling
- Help you around the house, settling into parenthood
I offer this service so if you would like more information click here to find out more.